Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What's for dinner?

Trav LOVES potatoes. I do too. I found a recipe that looked too good not to make. I made it for dinner the other day and I couldn't stop eating it! The boys enjoyed it too. I found it on Vegweb.com It's where I find most of my recipes. :)

Outstanding Cheezy Potato Bake
Ingredients:
  • oil, as needed
  • 6 small-medium red potatoes, sliced in 1/2" rounds
  • 1/2-1 yellow onion, sliced
  • vegan buttery spread, to taste (I use Earth Balance)
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1-1 1/2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk or water
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with oil to cover the bottom. Set aside. Add 1 layer of potatoes to the bottom of the dish (I used 2 potatoes per layer, for 3 layers).
  2. Add some sliced onions to the top of the potatoes, season with lots of salt and pepper, and add a few dollops of vegan butter on top of the layer.
  3. Add the nutritional yeast to a bowl, and pour in enough milk or water  to make a sauce (medium thinness). Season this with salt and pepper. Pour some of the sauce over the first layer, but remember you need enough for 3 layers.
  4. Continue to layer the dish with potato, onion, salt, pepper, vegan butter, and cheezy sauce. You should have enough sauce to pour some on top. I recommend lots of onions on top because they brown so beautifully. Make sure you season with enough salt and pepper!
  5. Pour some milk in the dish to about 1/2 up the dish. Bake for 45 minutes-1 hour (until the potatoes are very tender, and the sauce is bubbling).

Preparation Time: About 30min
Cooking Time: 45min- 1 hr
My photos:

Food prep


 Result!
 DINNER!




No comments:

Post a Comment